Robert McBride Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of supply) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Robert McBride Limited of Middleton Way, Middleton, Manchester M24 4DP.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general usage of our websites by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our websites.
3. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted, however, your payment details will not be retained or stored by us after payment has been received.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Cookie Usage
The Cookies we issue are:
Google Analytics : __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __atuvc – These cookies allow us to track your journey through our site to help us improve your website.
Ovenpride : PHPSESSID – This cookie allows us to remember your cookie selection
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about products which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, however where we permit selected third parties to use your data or where we would like to contact you with information about products not similar to those which are the subject of a previous sale to you, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the order page of our websites on which we collect your data.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Robert McBride Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Robert McBride Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our customer services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Requests regarding access to your personal information should be addressed to our Company Secretarial department at Robert McBride Limited, Middleton Way, Middleton, Manchester M24 4DP or by email to email@example.com